Sunday, June 14, 2015

Friends for Keeps

I've been out of college for years now and I barely remember the names of my instructors and our lessons but there's one thing I can't let go of from college... and that is the friends I have made there. The best thing that ever happened to me!

As far as I can remember, our friendship started because of kwek-kwek (a famous Filipino street food). From then on, we had our regular kwek-kwek session weekly (if not daily) and I guess it's safe to say that it was the moment I started gaining weight. Even when I dropped out of college, we still had our regular bonding and they still invited me and sometimes I invite myself. It's just amazing how a simple street food became the main tool for this friendship.

Then there comes the point that me and my family have to move to another province. All my life, we've been moving from one place to another and every time we are in a new place, I have to start anew and adjust. This was the hardest move of my life, actually. I already love the place and I feel attached to the people around me, especially these people. 

They have never judged me when I dropped out and they respected my decision. Even when I don't go to school with them anymore, our friendship continues. Thank God for the internet and other technology, we are able to keep up despite me being away from them.

Now, they have finished college with flying colors and I couldn't be prouder. These guys are like my siblings. Whatever their accomplishments feels like my own. I only wish them the best in life and a very wonderful career ahead of them.

I am thankful because these people has supported me emotionally through out my challenging days. They have proven me how genuine our friendship has become. That's what friends are for, right?

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to show my appreciation for them. I am very glad these people are just a text or a chat away. 

To my K2G friends, I couldn't exactly express into words how thankful I am to all of you. You've showed me what it's like to have real friends. I realized that I can be my best self when I'm around you guys. No pretensions, no judgement, just one hundred percent fun!

I know I haven't been with you most of the time, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for your wellness and your future ahead. If there's anything I can be of help, know that I'm also just a text, call or chat away just like you guys to me. It's been what, four amazing years of friendship! Definitely more years to come! :)

Wala na'y ulaw-ulaw. Pabaga na ug nawong ha? 4 years!!! Wow! :) Thank you for the friendship!

Location: Seawall, Mangagoy, Bislig City
Camera used: Sony Cybershot

4 comments:

Elizabeth O. said...

It's nice that you still get to seem them. Some friends drift apart after a few years of not seeing each other.

Nova said...

hehehe reading your post reminds me of my bffs too, i miss them dearly and it's been a decade since we've all last see each other.

Jessica Cassidy said...

We seldom find true friends that we treasured Sis Marie. It does not matter if they are far or near. I bet those fun memories will always remain in your hearts forever.

papaleng said...

Bakit wala ako sa photo? Just kidding and wishing na I am one of your friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...